A quick “Bolognese” sauce to serve with any pasta. I have used spaghetti, orzo, linguini, ziti, gnocchi. I also use it as a filling for lasagna. The sauce is versatile and makes a quick weekday dinner when served with pasta and a fresh salad. This pasta dish is enjoyed by both kids and adults, and it is always a special treat.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic (smashed)
- Parsley or cilantro (2 sprigs)
- Some wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (grated or shaved)
- 1 lb pasta
- Make the tomato sauce by putting the diced tomatoes, tomatoes, salt to taste, garlic, and cilantro or parsley in the blender. Process until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and brown the meat. Deglaze with some wine.
- When the wine has evaporated add the tomato sauce. Add water if too thick.
- Cover and cook for ½ hour on medium heat until desired consistency. In the meantime, cook the pasta according to instructions. Drain.
Add the pasta to the sauce and sprinkle the Parmesan.
You can use sausage, turkey, chicken or pork to make this. Any pasta shape is okay. Any type of cheese will do. You can even use a store-bought pasta sauce instead of making it yourself.
Add 2 tsp curry powder to the meat sauce for a Caribbean touch.
Photograph by Monika from Everyday Healthy Recipes. https///www.everydayhealthyrecipes.com/about-me-page/.jpg