These blueberry cakes are unique, unusual and so pretty. They are not hard to make and after just one bite, smiles and a joyful belly are assured. These are especially good for the holidays and make excellent gifts for friends and family. Enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee or as a simple snack to quell a craving for something sweet and yummy.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with papers
- Whisk butter, eggs, and milk together.
- In another bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold in blueberries.
- Divide among the muffin cups
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
Recipe and photo by Anna Verdina
Follow Anna Verdina at: