Let’s face it, sometimes we are starving and just want to eat something that is quick and easy to prepare and also deliciously scrumptious.
Ingredients (per person)
- 1 croissant
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of cheese (your favorite)
- A handful of salad greens
- Salad dressing of your choice.
- On the way from work, stop by the bakery and get a beautiful and fluffy croissant.
- Scramble the egg and when done, put the slice of cheese on it so that it can melt.
- Cut the croissant in half lengthwise and add the egg/cheese mixture to make a sandwich.
- Add whatever salad dressing you like to the greens, mix and serve on the side.
You can add butter, mayonnaise or mustard to the croissant but I do not think it is necessary: the melted cheese and creamy eggs should be sumptuous enough.
Toast the croissant? You can. But that would be an extra step that will make the sandwich less crunchy and deprive you of the joy of getting the crumbs all over your clothes.
*Photo by Joey Rozier. To see more of his awesome photos visit: