I always loved corn pie except for the fact that most of them contained eggs. I was looking for a recipe for the eggless version for a long time. Then, at a potluck at work, my boss brought this as his side dish. Below is the recipe as he gave it to me. I add a little this and that to mine and omit the sugar, as the corn is already sweet.
1 pkg. (16oz) frozen yellow corn kernels
1 pkg. (16oz) frozen white corn kernels
1 pkg. (8oz) cream cheese – softened
½ cup butter – melted
1 clove garlic – pressed
1 tsp. of white sugar
½ tsp. of dried parsley
Salt to taste
- Cut up the cream cheese and allow to soften in a large mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cook corn to package instructions, drain fully
- Add corn to the mixing bowl while still warm
- Add remaining ingredients and mix mix mix
- Transfer mixture to a casserole dish and bake in the oven for 30 minutes until browned on top – finish under the broiler for darker color if you want.
You can top the pie with parmesan cheese and/or breadcrumbs or simply sprinkle some chopped parsley or cilantro, or you can use flavored cream cheese instead of the plain one – like onions chives or garden vegetables.