Salads are good for you but they can be boring sometimes. Here is a way to enhance the flavors with a dressing that will not defeat the purpose of eating salad in the first place.
For the Salad
- Assorted leafy greens and chopped lettuce
- Tomato wedges
- Sliced mushrooms, raw
- Black pepper
For the Dressing
- Vinegar (your favorite) – 2 tablespoons
- Smooth Dijon Mustard – 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 5 tablespoons
- Salt and black pepper
- Arrange the salad ingredients on a plate
- Make the dressing by mixing the ingredients together, adding a couple of big pinches of salt and black pepper
- Garnish with even more black pepper – a couple of grinds
I usually serve the dressing on the side. To make a main dish out of this, add grilled chicken, shrimp, sliced beef or whatever you fancy.
2 thoughts on “A Simple Salad with a Mustardy Dressing”
may have said this before but, I. Love. Your. Photos. !!
Thank you Liz 🙂