Lera Fortune is one of the best cooks in Grenada. Once you taste her food, it is impossible not to benchmark her dishes against anyone else’s. She has magic hands and a good soul – the perfect ingredients that make anything she cooks taste like a gift from her heart.
Here is her method for preparing Fried Fish Fillets, the best I have ever tasted.
- Take some fish fillets (firm white fish preferably) and gently wash with lime or any other citrus.
- Season to taste. As a Grenadian Lera, seasons the fish with Cive & Thyme (cive, thyme, seasoning pepper, onion and garlic.) but you can season with anything you want.
- Beat 2 eggs with the juice of half of a lime until the mixture is fluffy.
- Dip the fish in the egg mixture then coat the fish with breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until golden on both sides.
- You can garnish the fish with onions (lightly fried) if you like for extra crunch and flavor.
Simple and delicious!
Cover Photo by Maria Bobrova